Sunday, December 25, 2005

Ward Ap Biology Lab #8

does the rain in the snow in the cold

Hi ...!
To the general informed awareness contribute today a new entry, here. Last night we had in our flat so a really nice Christmas. Good food, punch and carols. These outdoors rain, storm and tempest. And today should then start my trip: Beirut-Damascus-Amman: The morning has started something unfortunate: I overslept. Damn! Actually I wanted to get up early. But my alarm clock did not work! If I would have Andre (my roommate) is not awakened, would have all probably not soo really works. At 12 I I finally made their way to the bus station. Was a little bit excited, I must admit. Before departure, I then met by chance, another German with whom I have done together on the road. When the taxi driver (a taxi driver here has somehow always on) then the same time double the sum demanded, and so not at all left to an offer, I've already figured that the trip to Damascus would not be soo easy. Hardly our taxi had reached the foot of the mountain, were first tire (I've never driven in snow chains ... sounds funny) is made and we went in from the snow ... walking pace! I had no luck the way, on the border and have problems a very cheap to get transit visa. Sun at 7, we finally arrived in Damascus and isses here already damn cold!
was I just ask to Andre (the German travel companion) from the station because my train tomorrow. Then we have eaten a trifle and now just briefly on the Internet.
Tomorrow it for me on to Amman. That means getting up at 6am but! Since I will spend 2-3 days. Then I'll go a bit further, perhaps to the Red Sea! In Aqaba hats end of the week 24 degrees! Are dependent but had another 222km more ... We'll see. On the towing vehicle, which is 10 hours (the train was built in 1905 in Nuernberg and drive containing only 40kmh times now ...) I've got time to read.
short: Up Now everything goes really well. Hope with you as well. Best regards to Germany and Beirut!

0 comments:

Post a Comment